Class of 2009
Graduation Information & Agreement
Congratulations Class of 2009!
We are working very hard to make your graduation ceremony one that will honor the accomplishments of you and your classmates. To help ensure a dignified and appropriate ceremony, the district has established the following guidelines for graduation. Each senior will need to read and agree to the requirements for participation in the Class of 2009 graduation ceremony. We do not want the actions of a few individuals to dishonor 13 years of hard work!
Anyone participating in the graduation ceremony must:
•I. Meet all academic requirements as set forth by Alvarado ISD and the State Board of Education.
•II. Attend mandatory graduation rehearsal.
•III. Have paid all fines or money owed to AISD.
•IV. Agreed to behavior and dress guidelines for graduation as stated below.
What to Wear:
• This ceremony is an important event for you, your classmates, your friends, and your family. Dress as if you were interviewing for a job. The dress code will be strictly enforced. By School Board mandate, participation will not be permitted if a senior is out of dress code. (Remember this is the dress code for Graduation and Baccalaureate).
• Girls: Dress, Dress shoes - No tennis shoes, flip-flops (Do not wear anything that remotely resembles flip-flops) or shorts.
• Boys: White shirt with collar and dark pants. Dress shoes or boots. No tennis shoes, flip-flops (Do not wear anything that remotely resembles flip-flops), shorts, or T-shirts. No facial hair.
• Your mortarboard should be worn parallel to the ground, with the tassel hanging from the right side. The tassel will be switched later.
• No dark glasses. At this event, you are not to be the individual center of attention; you are a part of the Class of 2009.
• Make sure you have taken care of any financial obligation to the school before May 23rd.
• Videos and pictures of graduation will be available for purchase the night of Graduation.
• Make sure you attend practice and be on time! It is very important that you are all present. You simply cannot know what to do, if you don't practice.
Remember, this is a special occasion. It is not only your graduation, but it is also an important event for your family. Don't embarrass yourself or your family. Anyone failing to adhere to guidelines, directions, or instructions will be removed from the ceremony and will be issued a citation for disrupting the proceedings.
May Senior Calendar
Thursday, May 21st 7:40 am Senior ~ Faculty Basketball Game
Tuesday, May 26th Senior Exams 1st, 7th, & 4th (for those not exempt)
Wednesday, May 27th Senior Exams 5th & 6th
Thursday, May 28th Senior Exams 8th, 0, & 3rd & Scholarship Information Due
Friday, May 29th 9:00 AM Senior Breakfast
Sunday, May 31st 6:00: Baccalaureate will be held @ First Baptist Church Alvarado at 6:00, Report at 5:30 in Cap & Gown. A reception will follow the ceremony.
Monday, June 1st Mandatory Graduation Practice - 10:00 am; AHS will provide bus transportation to graduation practice. The bus will leave AHS @ 9:29 am. If you ride the bus to rehearsal you must return on the bus or be signed out by a parent or guardian from graduation practice. It is not mandatory that you ride the bus, but it is mandatory that you attend graduation rehearsal and that you are there by 10:00 am. You will not participate in graduation if you do not attend rehearsal.
7:00 p.m. Graduation @ Wilkerson Greines Activity Center 5101 C.A. Roberson, Fort Worth, TX 76119 (The facility is located in south Fort Worth at IH-20 and Wichita Street. Exit IH-20, proceed east on the frontage road, turn left onto C.A Roberson (formally Folwell Blvd).) We need all graduates in their seats at 6: 15 pm.PROJECT GRADUATION- We would like to invite you to an all-night lock-in (10:30pm - 6:00am) @ AHS after graduation. We will be providing a drug and alcohol free, safe environment where you can be with your fellow class